Friday, August 16, 2013

Motivation

Good Evening Everyone!

Gah...this past week has been ROUGH. I have been so busy with work and I went to the D23 Expo last weekend (which was AMAZING) and because of being so busy, I lost a little bit of my drive. It's so hard cuz when I take a day off, I worry that I won't have the motivation to do it the next day. It is very important to take days off, you can't exercise every day because your body needs rest. But I always struggle with mustering up the strength to go run after a day, or even 2 days, off. 

I wish I was one of those people who is just naturally athletic. Who thrives on exercise and protein shakes. I'm just not that person. Don't get me wrong, I love exercise and I really do love running. But it's the internal struggle to make myself do it that I hate. Pep-talking myself into doing it is the hard part, then once I've started I'm set. I just wish I had that natural motivation! But alas, as of right now, I am still a slightly chubby girl who would MUCH rather watch reruns of Friends and eat mashed potatoes. That being said, it's not going to stop me from reaching my goal! And if you can relate to anything I'm saying, don't you give up either! 

I saw a picture online with a quote from Jillian Michaels. For some reason, it really stuck with me. And every time I think that there's no way I will ever be able to do this, or doubt that I will ever get to my goal weight, this quote pops into my head: 

“Today I want you to ask yourself this one question: “Why not you?” Why not you to do something for work that you love? Why not you to have a healthy body? Why not you to have a healthy love? Why not you to be, have or do anything you have ever dreamed? We are so quick to think others deserving over ourselves. The truth is that we are all deserving. So why not YOU?"

Why not me? Why not you? Whether it's your dream job, a healthy body or whatever it is that you truly want, why not you? There's no reason why you can't have it. The only thing standing in your way is you. I know, because I used to stand in my way. Sometimes, I still do. But I am working every day towards my goals and I don't ever want to give up. 

Have a great night and thank you so much for reading!! Until next time. ;)

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment